– Born: 18 Sep 1925 Belvedere, California
– Enlistment date: June 1943
– Deployments: Europe, September 5, 1943
– Units: Company G, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne Division
– Rank: Master Sergeant
– Qualifications: Combat Infantryman
– Decorations: World War II Victory Ribbon, EAME Theater Medal, Presidential Unit Citation, Distinguished Unit Badge with 1 Bronze Oak Leaf Cluster, Bronze Star Medal, Belgian Fourragere.
– Discharge Date: 15 June 1946
Bob joined the Army in WWII as a member of the Japanese-American Nisei Battalion and saw action in Italy before he volunteered for Paratrooper duty. He was trucked in to Bastogne with the 506th PIR and went on to make the Army a career, serving in Korea, Vietnam and Panama.
In April 1972, Robert joined the Air Force at Edwards Air Force Base, California. He continued to serve within the Air Force as a CM sergeant until his final discharge in December 1975.
Bob also went to school at a young age with Norma Jean Baker…who later went on to become Marilyn Monroe.